The mission of the Douglas County Travel and Tourism, Inc. (DCTT) is to promote awareness of Douglas County, increase hotel utilization, and support travelers and visitors while enhancing economic impact for the county. As the county’s Destination Marketing Organization (DMO), DCTT is designed to spearhead the proactive, strategic, visitor-centered economy, and cultural development of the county by reinvesting a portion of the visitor-paid room occupancy tax back into the promotion and marketing of Douglas County.
- To promote awareness and attractiveness of Douglas County as a travel destination.
- To increase hotel-motel tax by increasing occupancy. i.e., heads in beds.
- Support travelers and visitors while enhancing economic impact for the community.
Code of Ethics
Respect for the county and partners we work with and serve.
Integrity and transparency in our actions.
Accountability for our decisions and their consequences.
We are committed to:
- Acting honestly, truthfully, and with integrity in all our transactions and dealings;
- Avoiding conflicts of interest;
- Appropriately handling actual or apparent conflicts of interest in our relationships;
- Treating our vendors and partners fairly;
- Treating every individual with dignity and respect;
- Treating our employees or consultants with respect, fairness, and good faith and providing conditions of employment that safeguard their rights and welfare;
- Being a good corporate citizen and complying with both the spirit and the letter of the law;
- Acting responsibly toward the county in which we serve, for its benefit;
- Being responsible, transparent, and accountable for all of our actions; and
- Improving the accountability, transparency, ethical conduct, and effectiveness of travel and tourism in Douglas County.